The Duanesburg Historical Society was formed in 1944 for the purpose of discovery, preservation, and dissemination of our local history. Governed by a Board of Directors, we hold a provisional charter from the New York State Department of Education as a private corporation for educational purposes as defined in section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Duanesburg Historical Society provides well attended high-interest monthly programs (March through December) at Bishop Scully Hall in Delanson. We collect and archive memorabilia and documentation specific to the Town of Duanesburg so that evidence of our heritage will remain in the town for the future. We have several books available that share both stories that recapture memories of life in Duanesburg and insightful research about the historical events of our town.
Please become part of the collecting, sharing and learning about the history of your community.
Board of Directors
Leonard M. Van Buren - President
Shirley Martin - Vice-President
Marsha Brown - Secretary
Howard Ohlhous - Treasurer
Cindy McKeon, David Vincent, Eamon Murphy,
Carl Wiedemann, Pat Van Buren