- Thursday, August 27, 2015 --- Duanesburg Driving Tour
Duanesburg, NY August 31, 2015 - The Duanesburg Historical Society will sponsor a "Back Roads of Duanesburg" self-guided drive-about tour on Saturday September 19th from 10 AM to 4 PM. The tour will highlight some of the hidden historical treasures within the town in commemoration of its 250th anniversary.
There will be 28 sites including historic districts, churches, cemeteries, historic homes, and barns. Additionally there will be a power point presentation at the Duanesburg Presbyterian Church along with a display of barn quilts designed by Linda Armour and local quilters to commemorate the 250th Anniversary of the Town of Duanesburg. Each site will have a docent and/or written material to explain the history of the site. All are we welcome to join us for this free tour. Brochures with maps and schedules will be available in September at our website Duanesburghistorical.com or on the day of the tour at Duanesburg Reformed Presbyterian Church, 6512 Western Turnpike Duanesburg, Wolfe's Market in Quaker Street and the Lakeside Market in Mariaville.
The Duanesburg Historical Society was organized in 1944, and has worked diligently to preserve the heritage of the Town of Duanesburg through high-interest programs open to the public, exhibits at events such as Duanesburg Days, and the publication of three volumes of "Remembering the Town of Duanesburg."
Click to view the tour information!
- Monday, March 18, 2013 --- Tonights meeting (03/18/13)has been cancelled in anticipation of a storm.
- Saturday, November 03, 2012 --- Printing issues with our new book "Remembering the Town of Duanesburg Vol 3 ... 2012"
An occaisional book in our inventory has partially detached page or pages. Please check your book if purchased before 11-1-12. Please make a note of the defective page and call Pat Van Buren at 895-2632 for a replacement.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Monday, October 01, 2012 --- We are pleased to announce the release of our latest book. "Remembering the Town of Duanesburg Volume 3 - 2012". The book can be ordered on our "books" tab or pick it up at our next meeting. We also hope to have them available at Duanesburg Town Hall. There will be a "meet the authors" event at the Quaker Street branch library on Saturday October 20th from 1-3PM. Refreshments will be served and books will be available
- Saturday, November 19, 2011 --- The Duanesburg Historical Society is now on Facebook-http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Duanesburg-Historical-Society/218150374916958
Check it out!